Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Return of "Murphy the Menace


I know this doesn't look like the face of a troublemaker, but the last few days have been an exercise in patience for me.

Thursday night, I get home from visiting with some friends. It's kind of late, so I get ready for bed, give the dog a little love and climb into bed. Wait--- I feel something wet. The dog has pee'd on the spot where I sleep. Ugghhh. Gross! This happened once, right after he arrived. I hired an obedience trainer to help train me to be the dominant one. Apparently this behavior is a challenge of alpha position. So I wash everything and go to bed, with thoughts that the next day we will do some obedience work together. I leave him outside when I get home from work. I go to let him in and he is nowhere to be found. I call him and hear his tags jangling way off in the distance. He comes slinking through the side yard completely covered in dirt. He dug his way under the gate to (?) go find some way to break into the house (?). Then he gets a bath, then a walk. Then he pees on the bed again. I called the trainer again today. I'm on the right track, but I now have to limit his access to the rest of the house for a few days while I try to break him of this new 'habit'. Oy. Remind me again why I am a dog-person?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home