Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Springers Rule (Part 2)

Let me tell you what a trooper Murphy is.

I was pulling into my driveway this evening when my phone started ringing in my purse. I stop the car short of the garage to look for my phone and all of the sudden I see doggy eyes. My neighbors cocker spaniels are hiding under the pickup truck of the other neighbors.

A big storm is moving through the area and apparently blew open the gate to their back yard. They found shelter under the truck and were pretty happy to stay there. The dogs aren't very well socialized and they don't know me, so they won't come to me.

I try to get them to follow me. They won't.

I try knocking on the neighbors door and ringing the bell. No answer.

So I called in the Murph-ster. I put him on his leash and he herded them home (actually he sort of barked and scared them the amount needed to rally them through my yard and back into theirs. But hey... toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe). I would have felt so bad if they had run away and something happened to them, even though my neighbors and I don't really know each other well. Hopefully I secured the gate well enough to contain them for the rest of the night.

In any event, Murphy provided the right stimulus to get those pups home safely so I'm very proud of him.

Bravo! A performance worthy of the Kong.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Yea Murphy!

What a great dog.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home