Saturday, July 08, 2006

We Prefer Peace on Earth

We had a nice 4th of July over in the land of excessive pet hair. I vacuumed up another cat's worth of pet hair and washed the floors and had a few friends over for grilling and fireworks viewing. Because the plaster in the pool is new, no dogs allowed for 2 weeks, so Lucy couldn't come over and hang with Murphy. Lu is one of the only dogs I've been around that Murphy tolerates well. I would even go as far as to say that he looks up to her, so I'm sure he missed her. However, he got lots of attention and didn't have to share the humans, which was a bonus for him. Ben & Jerry made themselves scarce.

Everything was great until the fireworks started. I did not know that Murphy would get so upset. He does not like loud "booms". He was running in circles and barking constantly. He was inconsoleable. Eventually, he went to take a drink out of the pool and the next thing I know--he's in the pool! "Oh Crap!", I think. "Get out of the pool!" I say. He's out of the pool lickety-split. I think he must have been dizzy from all the barking and lost his balance, falling into the pool. I don't know for sure because I was distracted by the pretty fireworks. Once again, St. Pam saves the day, noticing what's happening with the dog. Poor guy. I took him into the house to dry him off and get him away from the noise. He was really panting hard. I heard the rest of the fireworks show was really amazing...

1 Comments:

Blogger YarnB said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I can't find your email address anywhere to write you back...And I don't think this is your knitting blog. Is it?? Good to meet you the other night!!!!!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home