Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Change of Venue

After much worry and frustration I decided to contact Kim, Murphy's previous owner, to see if she had any suggestions for dealing with his idiosyncracies. Turns out she never really wanted to part with him. He is a wonderful dog in many, many ways, and I don't blame her for feeling that way. So, long story short, Murphy is getting ready to take a plane ride to the place he could only hope to dig to -- China. I really feel like he belongs with his family instead of just a singleton. And in the new home, he will be the only pet and I think that will make him extremely happy. And there will always be someone around to give him a little TLC. I'm sure he will be so happy to see everyone. I have to remember these things to keep myself from being disappointed that it didn't work out. I've enjoyed our nightly walks and the bonding time we've had.

In just the past few days I have learned quite a bit about exporting pets to foreign countries. It takes a little bit of work to find all the pieces of the puzzle. Every government and commercial agency have info on their part of it, but are not extremely helpful in putting it all together. However, Kim has gotten all the pieces together and I am following her lead. We're still not sure when the actual parting will take place, but it will most likely be within the next week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

I'm sorry, I know this was a tough decision for you...

But Murphy will like having people around all day and I'm sure Gemma and Angus will tire him out. And Myriah will be able to pig out at her own speed.

It is a little disturbing that Murphy will be more of a world traveller then we are.

1:39 PM  
Blogger TrueEpicure said...

Sorry to hear about the separation, but it sounds like it's the best decision.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So sorry about how it all worked out.

It is so tough to give away/back an nice animal.

Good luck getting all the export stuff together!!!

You tried your best and that is what matters.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Creative Genius? said...

I am so sorry to hear about what's been going on with Mr. Murphy.... sounds like he has issues and you've truly tried to work with him! (And peeing on an owners bed goes way beyond issues if you ask me!)

So know that you were the BEST doggie mommy ever and that he will be ok in his new location with his old family - eating rice and hanging out with the kids.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home